Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Hi everyone,

Today was really a fun day for me...Sue Norman and Lisa Dearing came down from the "colder climate" of Lake Tahoe, to a "warm & sunny" Sacramento, and took me out on the American river bike trail...including the 3 dogs; Wilbur and Rosco in the basket and Maddie running beside, on squirrel patrol. After returning home for lunch and a quick regroup, they loaded Sue double sea kayak and Kurt's double canoe on the rigs and we all went for a paddle on Lake Natoma...dogs included! Burritos for dinner! What a great day!!! Thanks Sue and Lisa

Last week I finished the 5 week Bowen treatments...and really do believe that it helped me regain more energy and flexibility...I look forward to a monthly Bowen tune-up. I really have been getting up earlier and able to sustain more exercise. My pain has been getting better if I don't over do my exercise...I was down with pain! for 3 days! last week because I did just that.

Last Friday Bessie Jackson pick me up and drove me to a Nevada City acupuncturist, Dr. Dennis Tucker. Bessie is treating me to the first series of appointments to see if the type of acupuncture he uses will help. The treatment technique that Dr. Tucker developed is very different from conventional acupuncture treatment. This is how he explains it..."Neuro-muscular mapping and involves precise palpation to map the pain syndrome from the spinal nerve roots to the primary myofascial changes that are involved in the neurological expression of inflammation, and or, altered nerve transmission throughout the affected area." I had my evaluation and a few needles suck in me and I was out for the count!... very relax and when I got home at 1:30pm I went to bed and only woke up for dinner and then went back to sleep until Kurt woke me up for pancakes at 9am. whew!! I was so rested and felt so good, after b'fast my Mom and I went to the pool. My legs were really moving! I was bicycling my legs underwater and walking! I felt good, strong! The pool has been a wonderful help in strengthening and bending my knees too where they are both past 90 degrees! I am so happy. And all my pressure sores on my foot are gone and I am able to stand longer and longer everyday. I look forward to visiting Dr. Tucker again next week. Thank you Bessie for taking me to Dr. Tuckers!

Take care, love, kelley

No comments: