Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bowen Treatment

One week ago I tried my first Bowen treatment with therapist Raymond Augustyniak in El Dorado Hills...it helps move energy, balances and regulates the body etc... you may have heard of it. Therapy is given, with a 5 to 7 days in between to let the treatments take effect. One thing it has been one heck of a week--my nerve pain has magnified and I spent most my time in bed...it's been awful. I'll have to let you know how it goes during my next four visits.

I have been working hard trying to bend my left knee, the one with the TKR, it has been giving me trouble. With the calf muscle shortened, left foot dropping; turning in; a pressure sore (a good sized blister) that I need to heal before I can attempt to stand at all. I am so desperate to stand, it makes me sick. I can't help but think about how my body continues to atrophy and my bones keep getting more brittle. I have a huge battle a head...I am just waiting to get GOing!
Good night you all, love kelley
P.S. I'm looking for Darrell H. phone number and address. (he won bid on outrigger canoe painting)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelley,
I think of you often, often, often. Keep on pushin' -- you have hundreds of us cheering you on and sending you lots of love. Donna Hunter

Lisa Patton said...

Keep me posted on the Bowen treatments- I am very interested. It sounds like "healing touch" that my friend does for dogs, cats and horses.