Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Movie Showing - Fundraiser on the Divide


Geri Teixeira
of
Georgetown's "Be Jazzed" is Hosting


Movie Showing:
"3 Women 300 Miles"

A Fundraiser for Kelley on the Divide, in Georgetown

April 16 Friday night at 7:00pm
at the I.O.O.F. Hall in Georgetown
(Main St. and Hwy 193)

Suggested Donation $25
(everyone is welcome no matter the cost)
serving popcorn ~ candy ~ sodas
DVD's available for sale ~ $40

There will be prizes.
Some prized donated by Sierra Outdoor Center
Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA


For more information please contact Geri Teixeira at 530.823.1128

Geri is the owner of Be Jazzed and has been teaching fitness classes since 1981. She said, "...that I always trying to reach out my students in ways to motivate them to reach their goals, overcome their obstacles and help empower them. I know now that fitness or wellness is a lifetime commitment which involves body, mind, and spirit. All these aspects need to be nurtured, exercised, and rested. And I believe all of us could learn more about ourselves by seeing your beautiful film of your trip down the Grand Canyon. A place I too love".
I was very flattered when Geri ask if I would share the 3 Women film with her fitness classes! Her philosophy rang home...take care of our bodies-our minds-our spirits!...through exercising, resting, and eating right to maintain a healthy body and weight. To Join Geri at Be Jazzed fitness in Georgetown, please call 530.823.1128
I look forward to traveling to Georgetown and to breath in the fresh pines at the higher elevation on the Divide...I just love saying that word...The Divide...it sounds so strong and sure :o)
Many thanks to Geri and to so many others for helping fundraise for my rehab to walk again. kelley

P.S. I'll be visiting Project Walk in Carlsbad - March 30th. I'll be flying tomorrow to meet up w/ Jody Conners in Dana Point.... we'll visit with Project Walk on Tues. to check out their facility and for them to check me out and also to figure out my possible living situations and whatnot. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I'm getting excited! kk



No comments: